Thursday, March 10, 2011

Comics! 3/10/11

I want you people to understand that I did something very difficult in order to write this for you. I stopped playing the Angry Birds Seasons update. As much as I want to smash those damn pigs into the ground, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't provide you with some reviews. Here we go!

Batman Inc. #3

Oh Batman, I truly love your romp around the globe, setting up Batmen, and fighting strange bad guys. Every page is a surprise with this issue. As you read you may turn the page to find exploding scorpions, Br
uce Wayne dancing, or the motorcycle riding Argentinean super hero,
Gaucho. It keeps you on the edge of your seat or on your toes. It's your choice as to how you want to wait in anticipation. I know I found parts of the book where I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, but I didn't mind. A little mystery is the nature of the beast at this point. It's fun and wild, everything I look for in a Grant Morrison written Batman book. Two thumbs up.



Punisher MAX #11

This is it, the final showdown between Bullseye and The Punisher. I don't know who's more excited for it, the fans or Bullseye himself. You see Bullseye has developed a bit of an unhealthy obsession with Frank over the past few issues. He's been trying to become him in hi
s mind to better understand the man that he's been hired to kill. In doing so, he's discovered something about Frank that could change everything in this fight.

The fight between these two is brutal, but insanely enjoyable. Bullseye is such an oddball and plays off the Punisher's no nonsense attitude perfectly. They're both men of destruction that have been let loose in a way that hasn't been seen in some time. I think these two panels sums it up pretty well.


The ending of this story is excellent and has me looking forward to the next arc. It's good to see this book shipping on time and kicking ass like it's supposed to. If you don't mind some bloody violence, then check this book out.

No comments:

Post a Comment