Friday, April 8, 2011

Comics 4/8/11

I'm going to level with you guys, this has not been a fun week for me. Moving all last weekend, merchandising, the Red Sox losing, and my Black Lightning glass broke. My cats have been mad at me too, but there's nothing I can do to appease those drama queens sometimes.

Thankfully, comics come out once a week and restore bits of my sanity. If it wasn't for them, I'd probably be in a padded room somewhere screaming about Coke and Pepsi being the same thing.




It's not too often, that when I'm unpacking books, that I scream "yeah! F&$@! Yeah!!". I did when I saw this book. I've been beyond excited about it for a while. I talked about it so much that Tristan warned me that my excitement may cause me to be disappointed when I finally read it. Well he's wrong. I loved this book.

I already knew what the story was going to be about, The Norse God of Fear has been released from his prison and now all hell is going to break loose. Having prior knowledge of the books events didn't stop it from being awesome though. It felt epic and had me hooked on every page. It has that "big fight" feel to it. The feeling that this story will be big. Fraction's writing has lived up to the insane amounts of hype in my head.

I'm a huge fan of the artist Stuart Immonen and he's done his best work in this book. Whether it's Sin battling undersea dragons (yes, that really happens) to Thor having a screaming match with Odin, Immonen hits all the right spots. It's great to look at and it's paced well.

I can't wait for the second issue.

Other books that made me gush this week were Brightest Day 23, Axe Cop: Bad Guy Earth 2, and Ultimate Captain America 4.

Brightest Day finally let us know who the guardian of the Earth was, and it didn't disappoint. It's now the shop consensus amongst employees and subscribers that we can forgive all that other crap because of this issue. I don't know if it's enough to help me cope with the loss of my Black Lightning glass though ..sniff..

That's all for now! I typed this whole thing on my iPod! My thumb is tired now, but it was worth it.

Until next time folks!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment