Sunday, May 1, 2011

Boston Comic Con Day 1













Boston Comic Con is huge this year! There's a bunch of new vendors and tons of artists. It's almost NYCC, it's just missing the room full of new video games. Who knows, maybe in a few years, they'll have them.







We ended up setting up shop next to Tim Sale this year. I'd like to say that we struck up a conversation that resulted in a life long friendship, but we didn't. This guy has been insanely busy this year. With all of the sketches he did yesterday, he probably could have drawn an entire comic book. I imagine that he probably spent the evening icing his drawing hand. He's a hard working man. He even drew on a girls leg!


















There was lots of cool costumes at the show, some pictured above. I wish I had taken more photos, but I was busy selling funny books!













I bought a sketch from Stan Sakai yesterday as well. This was a big deal for me as I've been a big Usagi Yojimbo fan for a long time.






Gerald missed his opportunity to get a drawing from Ryan Ottley. His drawing schedule filled up in the first 20 minutes! Gerald's been a wreck since then. He's adorned himself in goth makeup and is listening to Cradle of Filth. He's full of despair.












We met our only fan too! Michael Lynn Wherley stopped by our booth to bask in our glory. Michael is a really cool guy. He likes our videos for some reason, and we love him for it.





Afterwards, we were invited out to a retailers dinner by Larry's Comics. It was a lot of fun to meet everyone from the area and to know that not every comic shop hates us. That's a relief.












After that, I curled up in my hotel bed, babbling nonsense words to myself. It was a long, fun day full of awesome people and comics.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent because I like so much the costumes, I love it because now I can get ideas when I'm going to Halloween parties.

    ReplyDelete